FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reading RS-3 decals

Reading RS-3 decals 7 years 10 months ago #5376

Good morning Reading (pronounced Reddin by their employees). I'm rebuilding and repainting my old Hobbytown RS-3. When I bought it new I quickly assembled it and painted it black with yellow handrails. As a teenage railroad buff at the time I wanted it together and running in the shortest time. Now that I am much older and appreciate the real Reading, I try my best to do it right.
All the parts are painted and I'm ready to decal but am not finding it very easy to locate the decals for it. Would anyone out there have a source?
Thank you so much for any help you can offer.
Keep the mail on the rail. Sincerely, Johnny C. Retired locomotive Engineer.
Johnny C, Engineer, #413 The Rocket
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reading RS-3 decals 7 years 10 months ago #5381

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
Johnny C.,
Have you tried Microscale set 87-691, or if you can find them Herald King L-504? I'm assuming you're looking for HO scale which these numbers will work I didn't know if Hobbytown did any other scales.

Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Jct. Towerman

Reading RS-3 decals 7 years 10 months ago #5387

I'll get right on it. Thank you so very much for the 2 sources.

Reading RS-3 decals 7 years 10 months ago #5390

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
If possible, post a photo of your attempt. 30 years ago I did one but the memories of the details are buried in cob webs. Mine was the flywheel version with a dive line to one truck then a line between the two trucks beneath the chassis. Evan
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by HoboPiker.

Reading RS-3 decals 7 years 9 months ago #5414

Thanks.. That is exactly the locomotive I have been restoring. She's a beauty. I'll put in an Engineer and Fireman if I can. Nest the handrails hopefully find the Reading decal and engine number decals, install lights and lastly try to weather the trucks and dullcote the entire locomotive. I am excited as I've seen the real locos in action as a kid growing up in Philly. Thanks for your help. I'll get a photo to you just as soon as I can. Johnny C.

Reading RS-3 decals 7 years 9 months ago #5415

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Another source of first generation Reading diesel switchers decals MDKTECH on eBay. These sets can do either road switchers and switchers of the solid, dark green era. Having sampled MKD's diesel set, I went back for their steam sets finding both to be excellent work. My preference is for either Herald King or MKD with Microscale in a pinch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Jct. Towerman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 5, 1833
The Philadelphia and Reading (P&R) Railroad began operations.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements