FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: N scale Reading T1

N scale Reading T1 5 years 3 weeks ago #6408

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 7
This model uses a Kato FEF3 mechanism and 3D printed boiler and tender from shapeways. The tender is like the K1 i showed earlier and used the GS4 aux water car frames and trucks and is lengthened.

IMG_0690.jpg
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Chris_L.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

N scale Reading T1 5 years 3 weeks ago #6410

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
Here is the construction for lengthening the Kato water tender, three interlocking pieces of styrene.

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Chris_L.

N scale Reading T1 5 years 2 weeks ago #6415

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
Need a long piece of styrene and two shorter ones. The bronze wipers need straightened and the square openings need widened I used a small file and exacto.

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Chris_L.

N scale Reading T1 5 years 2 weeks ago #6418

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
Very nice! I am about to order that shell as well. How does it fit? The shapeways picture is kinda vague, does it match pretty well? Seems like the bottom half might leave something to be desired, but since you have the shell in hand, maybe you can shed some light on it. I have a Con Cor daylight that i've been using for a complete scratch build years ago before this shell became available, and was considering seeing if it fit that mech a swell before i toss it for the FEF.

N scale Reading T1 5 years 2 weeks ago #6421

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
Might fit the concor not sure it fits the Kato fef pretty much perfectly.

N scale Reading T1 5 years 2 weeks ago #6422

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
Bend the contact strips so they sit about midway in the subframe cutouts. I used some packing tape in the center to secure them. Test fit the trucks and shell, pushing and turning the trucks you should see the contacts move smoothly up and down. Sit the tender shell on the subframe to see if more sanding is needed on subframe top.

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Chris_L.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October, 1962
Loss of mail and Railway Express Agency contracts prompts severe cuts in passenger service, including annulment of all service to Shamokin, and the Allentown-Harrisburg trains, and a reduction on remaining routes. RDCs replace most locomotive-hauled trains, freeing former passenger locomotives for freight service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements