FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: N scale Reading T1

N scale Reading T1 4 years 4 months ago #6510

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 7
Cut out the area for the speaker and made a speaker box to fit in the coal load area. I wouldn’t use anything other than an abrasive wheel or a heat to make the cut here. I tried to just drill holes but a few fractures occurred leading me to just cut it out with the Dremel. I chose the esu loksound v5 standard decoder for this install and the tcs 1697 speaker

D3A6421C-4E00-4CFF-8920-FA7C90E4FA20.jpeg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

N scale Reading T1 4 years 4 months ago #6512

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
Cutout an area for the motor and light wires to go through to the locomotive. Also drilled a hole in the front headlight with a 1mm drill and then a 1.5mm.

F32C06EC-B165-4CBB-AA07-8E7CB7607656.jpeg

N scale Reading T1 4 years 4 months ago #6514

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
Installed the decoder and speaker box and drilled the holes to mount the shell to the frame. Also drilled a hole for the backup light.
E78380A5-5DC0-4E37-89EC-D7EFC8205A3A.jpeg

800673DE-EDA6-49C5-8E5A-6CDC58617B2A.jpeg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riggelweg

N scale Reading T1 4 years 3 months ago #6516

• Chris_L
  • Fireman
Put the fastening screw from the tender floor to the shell, used a screw from an atlas or Kato frame half.

To get the shell to sit at the correct height I had to remove the rearmost frame tabs that hold the stock light board in and lightly filled the sides of the frame until the shell sat flat on the chassis. Doesn’t need a lot of filing at all. Looking at pictures of the engine trailing truck to side sheet distance and tender curvature to cab I think I’m pretty close.

8032BBD6-7521-4DA6-9472-6A2CD5855E51.jpeg

8C4BB8D6-07D8-43D6-9D32-58D6D28ECE88.jpeg

4FAA080A-5FA3-4E31-8C29-ED0FE2CA71FA.jpeg

AC87368F-8B36-4D67-96D0-8E881FE83773.jpeg

I got some smd led and resistors so I’m going to install the lighting next
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Chris_L.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December, 1947
Construction begins at the Reading Locomotive Shops on ten new G-3 Pacific passenger steam locomotives. These locomotives will be the last Pacific-type engines built in the United States.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements