FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Bowser C-630's

Bowser C-630's 11 years 2 months ago #52

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Hello again. So good to be back online! THANKS TOM!!!

I didn't want to stray from the subject matter in the other item on Bowser 430's, so here's another item for the C-630's. Just received mine from MBKlein - modeltrainstuff.com last week. Great price!! Only $199 with DCC and sound! So far it's running OK, is a bit on the slow side, but I have not checked out the DCC settings and may be able to adjust that. Also want to increase the horn sound, I like them a bit louder. Great detail and the loco is packaged very very good (is even screwed to a base plate in the box!).

I think this is the second run of these units. I choose #5311. With this purchase, my older Stewart unit is up for sale (will post that in a minute).

Here's some pictures on her first revenue run - coal drag of course. This IS the Reading after-all!

some of my friends already say I need to weather it...
Thanks,
Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bowser C-630's 11 years 2 months ago #59

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
Well Barry,since its her maiden run we'll let the cleanliness slide.A hard working Alco is a somewhat dirty Alco.I was able to get my hands on 5 units from the 1st run.I renumbered all of the units added some extra details and weathered.My 5308/09 still need to be weathered and some details added.Here are my versions of 5307/10/11.

Bowser C-630's 11 years 2 months ago #64

• rdg-barry
Dave... I'll trade you your 5311 shell for my 5311 shell...LOL! WOW!
I WILL have to print off a couple of these to use as reference when I do weather mine! Thanks! (although I doubt I'll get anywhere near as good as yours look)
Thanks,
Barry

Bowser C-630's 11 years 2 months ago #128

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
Picked up my 5300/03 last week.Finished weathering and detailing 5303 today.I added the speed and wheel slip cables and painted the trucks and fuel tank grimy black.Painted the bottom of the sanchions rdg green.Bowser only applies paint to the front.Painted the jack plates engine black also the arm rests.I added the crew using Atlas figures.I also added the owner trust plates to each side sill.The unit was weathered with pencil and powders.P scale oily black was used for the fuel spills,after it dried I applied gloss coat to give the spills shine.

5303 and 5307 teaming up out of Sunbury.

Bowser C-630's 11 years 2 months ago #130

• rdg-barry
oh geez.... those are so great looking! Will have to "schedule" some weathering on my unit.
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by rdg-barry.

Bowser C-630's 11 years 2 months ago #142

• t1nut
  • Thank you received: 55
my son just got the "CR" slap-over #6758,he has the 5308 also. I tell him to check out your photos for weathering them.
Butch Curll
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

April, 1957
The famous green "READING LINES" bridge over Shepps Dam on the Reading Belt Line (near Carpenter Steel) enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements