FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Windows for modernized NM cabooses in HO?

Windows for modernized NM cabooses in HO? 10 years 1 month ago #2756

• lvrr325
  • Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 1
Is there a source for the aluminum window frames added to various NM cabooses when they were modernized in the 1970s, or do they need to be scratchbuilt?

I was considering redoing an HO Proto caboose I picked up and the paint job would make a good excuse to blank a couple windows and add the frames to them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Windows for modernized NM cabooses in HO? 10 years 1 month ago #2757

• JoannaBill
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 63
A couple years ago, another member rdg1187prr had some made in brass. Hopefully you'll hear from him.

Windows for modernized NM cabooses in HO? 10 years 1 month ago #2764

• rdg1187prr
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 38
yeah that was me that came out with them. I had a custon etchings guy do them for me. They were about $12.00 at that time plus I'd have to come up with enough orders to do a run of 12. So if I could get enough interest drummed up. I'd do another run of them. But I can't sit on them as that's a serious investment taken away from my hobby money.

So is there any one else out there interested in any if I do another run? I'll also have to check my supplier to see what the latest cost would be.

John Caples

Windows for modernized NM cabooses in HO? 10 years 1 month ago #2767

• lvrr325
  • Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 1
I would be surprised if you couldn't sell a few sets on eBay in a hurry.

Windows for modernized NM cabooses in HO? 10 years 1 month ago #2779

• VCtrainmaster
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 12
a couple (quite a couple) years ago there was an article in one of the rail mags about making photo etched brass windows for the NM cabooses. was that you john? In any case I would be interested in about 4 sets If they become available. I need to make a later version of my NMl caboose in HO. I'll watch the posts.
Daniel J Mohr
Last Edit: 10 years 1 month ago by VCtrainmaster.

Windows for modernized NM cabooses in HO? 10 years 1 month ago #2782

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
John -
Put me in as a "definite maybe" :) if it gives incentive to researching the pricing. (Not that I installed the sample set yet, but things are starting to happen here after a ten year shut-down)

RLD
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 6, 1945
#2100, the first T-1 4-8-4 steam locomotive, is outshopped at Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements