FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This board is the place where questions and information specific to MODELING the Reading Company, its equipment and operations can be shared - questions like "What was the window arrangement of AF Tower in Alburtis?" and "What color paint do YOU use to paint the Reading's cream-and-brown buildings?" We also want to hear about YOUR Reading modeling projects!

TOPIC: Dolphin tender trucks

Dolphin tender trucks 8 years 1 day ago #5272

I did a search to see if there had been any info posted about Dolphin tender trucks. To my surprise the search came up empty. So I will ask; does anyone have drawings or dimensional info regarding the Reading Dolphin tender trucks they are willing to share?

Thanks,

Tom Stoltz
in Maine
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dolphin tender trucks 8 years 9 hours ago #5273

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
I never heard of dolphin tender trucks.
Butch Curll

Dolphin tender trucks 8 years 8 hours ago #5274

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
The Pennsylvania RR used Dolphin tender trucks; I believe these trucks were a Pennsy design. Reading tender trucks were made in cast metal by Bowser <www.Bowser-Trains.com> but are long out of production. Bachmann's HO model of the Reading class I-10 consolidation had the correct tender trucks. Brass models of P&R/Reading locomotives offered by Custom Brass, Olympia GEM, Nickle Plate Products and Overland Models, Inc. have the correct trucks. Does this info. help?

Dolphin tender trucks 8 years 8 hours ago #5275

Thanks, yes, that is a bit of a help. I learned the name from a detail parts caster who makes ‘Dolphin-Reading tender trucks’. They are the trucks used on the G1-sb shown on this forum. My big problem is I muddle in S scale and was considering trying to make a reasonable facsimile of the truck. I tend toward wanting dimensions because I am not that experienced in modeling by eye. So I am hoping to find some sort of drawing if possible.

Thanks again,

Tom Stoltz
in Maine

Dolphin tender trucks 8 years 3 hours ago #5276

• LNE-401
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 68
Tom,
Don't forget these unique trucks also appeared randomly under the M-1 Mikado's. I am back working on my HO scale kit-bash, and going through my pictures this post came to mind. Here is a picture, unfortunately I don't have any prints or other info to aid your modeling efforts.

Bill
Attachments:

Dolphin tender trucks 7 years 11 months ago #5277

Thanks Bill, however from what I can see those are not the trucks I’m looking for. If you look at the finished pictures of Casey’s latest project, the I-7 2-8-0, you can see the type I’m looking for. I’d insert some photos but I guess you have to have the pix in flickr.com or something because I can’t get a shot into this message from any of my files or even copy/paste one from Casey’s files.

Tom Stoltz
in Maine
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

March 8, 1900
Construction of the new P&R locomotive shops at Reading, PA began.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements