FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 11 months ago #1413

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Hello everyone...
yes, it's been a bit of time since our last update and posting here, so here is the latest BIG news....

Registration will open on Tuesday, May 28th!

The official registration form will be posted on the official RRRMM website (www.readingrrmm.com) so go there, copy it off, fill it out and send it in! There will also be paper copies at the RCT&HS meeting that same night, we'll get some to the Bowser factory store, the Reading Heritage Museum and RR Museum of PA in Strasburg. And you can even email me for a copy. (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

We're still very interested in anyone willing to give a clinic or host a layout tour. Please contact me! We've got all summer to gather Door Prize items and do the final planning of the Meet. I hope to see YOU there!!
Thanks,
Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 11 months ago #1448

• rdg-barry
HELLO!!.....
Well... it IS time!! The Reading Railroad Modelers Meet website has been updated!

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!

You can go to the website - www.readingrrmm.com - and copy off the registration page. Or see below, the full event flyer.

flyer-pg1.jpg

flyer-pg2.jpg
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by rdg-barry.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 10 months ago #1481

• rdg-barry
HEY!!!!!
should have posted this a bit ago, but here is the LATEST NEWS from the ReadingRRMM website -

MAY 27, 2013
Hello and Welcome back to our RRRMM1 website and the latest news..... And the BIG news... Registration is OPEN!! Just go to the Registration page, print it off, fill it out and mail it in! Who will be #1 and from where? We’re getting started on collecting those door prizes and have a commitment from Stoddarts Ltd. For an item or two. (www.stoddartsltd.com) We’ve also got our Saturday location confirmed – Hamburg High School, just a few minutes from the RCT&HS Reading Heritage Museum! We’re still working on clinics and layout tours, but have some time (like all summer!) to get those arranged. If YOU would like to present a clinic on modeling the Reading, please contact me! We’d love to have you and have limited times available. Our lunch on Saturday (optional) is also set – sandwiches and extras! And let me say THANKS to the event Planning Team – Butch, John, Jim, Jonathon and Carol! More updates next month....
Barry Hensel, Chairman

OK... what I want to do is give a HUGE nod of THANKS to Stoddart's Ltd.!! I received their gift/door prize package today... WOW!!!!
Not only did they send 1 of each 3D Reading diamond logo, but they sent one of the Reading F unit fronts!! WOW!!! Take a look at this thing... (and the great logo plaques!)

20130606_190423_resized.jpg

20130606_190440_resized.jpg

20130606_191859_resized.jpg

Because the F unit is soooo nice and a very good priced gift, this will become our GRAND Door Prize!! This means that even if you win a door prize, everyone's number goes back in the jar to try for this Grand Prize!!
There is also the chance that we will debut their T1 loco front!

Have you registered yet?? Registration is OPEN!!
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 10 years 10 months ago by rdg-barry.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 9 months ago #1570

• rdg-barry
Hello Guys and Gals....
And we have at least ONE confirmed registration!! I have received an email from a couple in Danville, PA who has sent in their registration for the MEET! Have you?? (I have to still send in mine!! yikes!)
I will be emailing Jim from the RCT&HS to get a listing of who has registered so far.

Now that my all Camaro event is done for another year, I will be concenrating my efforts on this event and making it the best it can be! If you have attended other modeling meets, please try this one - I think you'll find a difference!

How about some more YES votes on our survey!!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1651

• rdg-barry
READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET - UPDATE
While registrations are going slowly, we on the RRRMM Planning Team are still expecting a great turnout for this first time event. If you have not checked out the website - please check us out at www.readingrrmm.com
As for the event - more BIG news to report! We have half of our clinic slots filled with another being considered. We also have one layout tour accepted and another near accepted and the third is being contacted. Here's what we have...

CLINICS
FRIDAY, Oct 3 -
6:15-7:15pm
7:30-8:30pm
8:45-9:45pm RDG Tug Schuylkill by Barry Hensel

SATURDAY, Oct 4 -
1-2pm Modeling the RDG RS3 by Bill Witman
2:15-3:15pm
3:30-4:30+pm Modeling Fundamentals - RDG GP35 by Ron Giordani

LAYOUT TOURS
Saturday, Oct 5 7pm-10pm
Lehigh & Keystone Valley Model Railroad Museum in Bethlehem! This is the feature layout in the current Model RR magazine!
(working on 2 others)

We also have 2 vendors signed up to attend and a few more in the wings. MTP-Model Train Products (from Michigan) and Shortline Model Products from NJ are registered! We also believe that Bethlehem Car Works and the Reading Modeler will also be attending.

If you are considering attending this event, PLEASE pre-register!!

To the guys posting in the "Follow the Build" section here... please consider being a clinic presenter!!

Thanks for your support!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 10 years 8 months ago #1665

• rdg-barry
Morning...
YES, another update already!!

We have our Saturday clinic schedule FULL....

SATURDAY, Oct 4 -
1-2pm Modeling the RDG RS3 by Bill Witman
2:15-3:15pm Reading Hoppers by John Greene
3:30-4:30+pm Modeling Fundamentals - RDG GP35 by Ron Giordani

Thanks to John for filling our Saturday!

Our website has just been updated with this info too - check it out... www.readingrrmm.com
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October, 1964
The Reading's new green and gold colors are used on 100 new boxcars.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements