FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 week ago #1261

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
HI Wowak...
no, I don't mind at all on you submitting some designs for consideration! Let's do it offline, send them to me via email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

As for copyrights... the T1 image is from the Broadway website and the Heritage photo was one emailed around the world by many people, so I'm not sure if copywrite comes into play. There is no copywrite mark on the photo...? With so many images and photos being tossed around via internet/media, I believe it is quite the challamge to either get or inforce copywrite, unless the author puts something on the image to indicate such. And besides... while we may make a couple of $$ using these... it IS just a couple of $$, not millions or even hundreds! (probably not even 100!)

Thanks for your interest - I'll be watching my email...
Thanks,
Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 week ago #1264

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8

This version of the picture carries both a copyright and an NS watermark, so... would they try to enforce it? Probably not? Could they... definitely.

BTW, here's the best copy I have of the T-1 drawing:

Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Wowak.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 week ago #1271

• rdg-barry
Ahhh... thanks Wowak... I have that photo of the Heritage unit as my wall paper on my laptop and the copywrite doesn't show, or I trimmed it before using.
I would hope we could get permission to use that photo - OR - does anyone online have their own good photo of this unit that we can use?

BREAKING NEWS....
we have our location for Saturday!!
Hamburg High School will be our location for the main part of the event. This is great, as we keep the entire event all in the same area, as the high school is minutes from the RCT&HS Museum!

Working on finalizing the budget, double checking our entry prices and hope to have registration open in 3-4 weeks.

Also have confirmation on a clinic presenter - from right here, rdg5310 - Ron G will be presenting a clinic on Saturday afternoon. THANKS!!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 week ago #1273

• rdg-barry
Hi again... (and so soon!)...

Let me also remind you that JonnaBill from the Reading Modeler will also be on the Saturday clinic schedule, presenting on Reading RS3 locomotives!

I am also hoping to present my Reading Tug build as a clinic, but will keep me in reserve so others can present and fill the schedule!

THANKS Bill and Ron!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 week ago #1288

• rdg-barry
always happy to pass on GREAT news.....

Wowak... I have just received permission to use the RDG Heritage photo for our shirts!! Just emailed one of the Public Relations people and she emailed me this morning with permission!

more info as we get it....!
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 day ago #1307

• rdg-barry
HI everyone...
I wanted to say THANKS to everyone for looking in on this post and hopefully the website on this event!!

THANKS too to those who have responded to the survey! JUst one question... for all of you "maybe" people (and I do not know which people are maybe's...) what will it take to turn you into a YES?

Let me know so we can work on your requests, if possible!

Did I tell you that we'll be doing a photo op at the RDG Museum on Friday night? Attend the RRRMM1 and get a free photo of you in the cab of a locomotive (or perhaps some other great pose)!!
(maybe that will change some of those maybe's...)

Thanks everyone!
Thanks,
Barry
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 23, 1955
The Blandon Low Grade line enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements