FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

Poll: Will you attend this event?

YES!! 7 33.3%
No 3 14.3%
Maybe 11 52.4%
Total number of voters: 21 ( john7968, otiscnj, rdg1187prr, MrBill, CharlieZ ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 month ago #982

• rdg-barry
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 44
Wowak... very sorry these proposed dates will not work for your schedule. Was looking forward to meeting you and seeing your great modeling transformations in person!

In the meantime... Here is the first CALL for CLINICS and LAYOUTS.
We are seeking modelers/history buffs to give clinics on Reading modeling and history of specific items that can be modeled. It looks like we'll have 7-8 spots to fill for the two day event. I believe JonnaBill will be one clinic for the event on RS3 locomotives.

Also looking for 3-4 layouts, Reading based and in the Reading/Hamburg area for tours on Saturday evening. We wish to begin at 7pm and hopefully some can stay open as late as 11pm.

If you are interested in hosting a tour or giving a clinic, please contact me!! Private message or email works well, or even just leave a response in this item.

Major announcement in 8-10 days!!
Thanks,
Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 1 month ago #983

• Wowak
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm not ruling it out entirely, but it's a long shot.
Building O-scale models of Reading steam power

brianwowak.wordpress.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: rdg-barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 3 weeks ago #1113

• rdg-barry
It’s time for the BIG announcement (as promised) we have just been approved and now we are an official event-

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I
Friday and Saturday, October 4-5, 2013
Our event is very simple – get anyone interested in modeling the Reading Railroad together and enjoy displays of our modeling efforts, learn more about the Reading Railroad and how to model it, see Reading Railroad inspired layouts and enjoy meeting fellow Reading modelers & creating long lasting friendships! Some event extras also include door prizes and event t-shirts!

Event schedule (subject to change, but 96.54% complete)
Friday, October 4- Reading Railroad Heritage Museum
6pm-10pm – Registration, Social & clinics and just added new – photo op!!
Saturday, October 5- location TBD
8am-5pm - Meet Hours, model displays & vendor sales
8am-10am – registration
11:30am-12:30pm – lunch
1pm-5pm – clinics
7pm-10pm – layout tours (self-drive – we provide directions/maps)
PLUS- you get admission to the RCT&HS Fall Train Show on Sunday, Oct 6th!!

This event is being sponsored/hosted by the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society (RCT&HS). All event proceeds benefit the RCT&HS and the Reading Railroad Heritage Museum.

Our HQ Hotel for those traveling to our event is Hamburg Micro-Tel. We have a block of 12 rooms for Friday and Saturday nights. $85 per night for 2 queen beds and rate is good until September 4, 2013! Ask for room block RRRMM 610-562-4234

Also soon to be active is our dedicated website – www.RRRMM.com

We expect registration to open next month. Cost is still being worked on, but is expected to be approx. $20 for model displays, $30 for non-display and vendor tables at $20. A lunch on Saturday is optional for approx. $10 and snacks/refreshments will also be sold for those not buying the optional lunch.

A second BIG announcement –
Vendors already planning on attending include Bethlehem Car Works and MTP-Model Train Products. Funaro & Camerlengo, who make resin rolling stock kits, will introduce 3 Reading box car kits this year. These new kits will DEBUT at this event!! F&C cannot attend, but through Bethlehem Car Works, they will help introduce them and have them for sale! WOW!! We already have an "exclusive" for the event!! We are also in contact with Bowser, concerning their possible attendance and hope the Reading Modeler will attend to sell some of their great items!

How’s that for an event?? Here’s hoping YOU can attend and bring your models to display, give a clinic or host a layout tour!
Thanks,
Barry
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by rdg-barry.

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 3 weeks ago #1114

• rdg-barry
Event T-shirts will be optional and should cost about $18-20 depending on size. Here are a few possible designs. T-shirt color may be yellow (saves on printing a color)

Which do you like?
Attachments:
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 3 weeks ago #1137

• rdg-barry
HI Guys...
here is an update on the event website... our proposed website name was taken! (the nerve! LOL) here is the new, correct website-

www.readingrrmm.com

please check it out...

what??... no votes on t-shirt designs yet?
Thanks,
Barry

READING RAILROAD MODELERS MEET I 11 years 3 weeks ago #1141

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Barry, that is exciting news and thank you for all your efforts so far to make this event happen!

Regarding the t-shirt, the design showing the T1 and the heritage unit captures both the old and new “image” of the Reading Railroad. People may find that design more appealing than the shirts with the SD45 image because the T1 is a recognizable steam engine with the general public and the heritage unit is huge hit with railfans.

Out of the three choices, that shirt gets my vote.

Again, thanks for your efforts. I can’t wait to see the new F&C kits!
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements