FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 7 years 1 month ago #5812

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
I bought an #$%@&%#@*&% $$$$ RDC that I said I wasn't going to buy!

But it is sooo cool. I got the 9162. I was at Iron Horse in Reading when they got the Rapido RDC's in and thought wow, they got an awful lot, I hope they can sell them - well they did - I went back in today and at least two thirds of what they had are gone from what I can see. I was told at least two people bought ALL FOUR NUMBERS- WITH SOUND! That's a lot of RDC for 1 layout. Are either those people on here. I want to run on your layout - LOL

Now what to do with those Life Like Protos...hmmmm

Rob
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Rob.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HoboPiker

What did YOU do this week? 7 years 1 month ago #5815

• tomjacobs
  • Superintendent
  • Thank you received: 37
Sell the Protos to me - cheap - so I can have the Philly-Pottsville run on the layout. Maybe that will keep me from buying a Broadway #2102 in the ramble scheme so I can run a ramble or excursion every now and again...

Actually, just kidding - No room for either the Outer Station or Franklin Street in the track plan. Plus - lot of expense for a short run.

I've seen the Rapidos and they're nice, but it's a hefty price tag. Saving my pennies for the new C424's with sound that Atlas is bringing out soon. Plus, there are WOW sound decoders to buy for the rest of the fleet, signal materials, etc. Plenty to drop dough on other than a couple RDCs...

But in a year or so when the whole layout is built and wired, bring that Rapido by any time you want to run it!

Tom
Tom Jacobs
Webmaster
The Reading Modeler
www.readingmodeler.com

What did YOU do this week? 7 years 1 month ago #5816

• tomjacobs
  • Superintendent
  • Thank you received: 37
Nick, what are you using to print this stuff - do you have access to a 3D printer or are you sending out to Shapeways?

Please let me know - thanks!

Tom
Tom Jacobs
Webmaster
The Reading Modeler
www.readingmodeler.com

What did YOU do this week? 7 years 1 month ago #5817

• Rdgrail
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 16
Hey Tom,
I own a 3d printer. My parents actually got it for me for Christmas back in December. I have been using it ever since and I absolutely love it haha. I use to use shapeways, but they can be expensive with some of the prints. I actually just finished up some 40' car frames for Barry a couple weeks ago. They came out great. I'll have to get some pictures of them before I ship them out.

- Nick D.

What did YOU do this week? 7 years 1 month ago #5818

• HoboPiker
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 53
Rob, I would have joined you as a Rapido RDC owner, but they didn't have a Reading unit with sound, nor even a Reading DC unit at the show in Denver. Opted for reserving the Rapido RDC decoders with sound to upgrade the Protos.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by HoboPiker. Reason: Omission.

What did YOU do this week? 7 years 1 month ago #5820

• lvrr325
  • Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 1
The Rapido blows the Proto out of the water in every possible way. Makes it look like a toy.

My distributor is even sold out of Reading sound units. They ordered very few extras, you really can't wait anymore and hope someone will gamble to buy one for shows, especially if you're doing a road that's not local to your general region.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

October, 1964
The Reading's new green and gold colors are used on 100 new boxcars.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements