FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section of The Interchange provides a space where members of the Reading Modeler community can showcase their Reading modeling efforts. If you've got a project that you'd like to share, start a new topic and "show and tell" the group how you did it!

TOPIC: RDG SW1500 2763

RDG SW1500 2763 11 years 2 months ago #874

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Todd...The templates are made by BLMAmodels.com...They come two to the package also they make brass etched ACI plates #4556.I will be using these for the first time on this model.They'll be applied to the long hood railings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RDG SW1500 2763 11 years 2 months ago #875

• 2771-chris
I applied the green paint last night and hand painted the pilots black this morning.I used SCII southern green and Floquil engine black.

As I described earlier the pilots needed to be black because of the decal and the framing around the coupler pocket and the steps need to be yellow.Here's the results your looking for.

The decal work will be next.Now its been documented in words that all the RDG repaints received roof numbers and 2763 was the last unit to receive painting in 1974.I have no picture evidence on how the roof numbers were applied,i.e. did they apply them length wise like on 614 and 1519...were they applied width wise but centered on the roof like on some of the 1200m's...or width wise towards the front as on the SW1001's??? The 1001's were delivered in 73 and 2763 was shopped in 8/74 so I'm leaning towards that application.Any help would be great....Thanks.
Last Edit: 11 years 2 months ago by 2771-chris. Reason: spelling

RDG SW1500 2763 11 years 2 months ago #877

• JoannaBill
  • Thank you received: 63
Chris - 2763 was painted by ICG at Puducah Kentucky, in July 1974. Hold off on the roof numbers until I hear back from a friend, I don't think 2763 has roof numbers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris

RDG SW1500 2763 11 years 2 months ago #878

• 2771-chris
Thanks Bill...the roof numbers will be applied last...I'll wait and hopefully you can get conformation either way...I always had my doubts with this unit...I remember on railfan.net forum there was a thread about the numbers on the 40-2's and someone asked about 2763.A gentleman replied he witnessed the unit with roof numbers,but no pictures. Again,thanks.

RDG SW1500 2763 11 years 2 months ago #879

• JoannaBill
  • Thank you received: 63
Okay guys, according to Bob Gottschall (author of Green Machines and an old friend) 2763 probably had roof numbers, but Bob never saw them and has no clue as to their orientation. If it were me, I'd weather the roof and skip them.

RDG SW1500 2763 11 years 1 month ago #919

• RDGTurn
  • Apprentice
Chris,

What kind of pilots did you use for this? I wonder if I could get away with using the same type for the MP15's...
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements