FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 2 months ago #3048

• Rob
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 57
Rummaging through boxes looking for something else, of course and I came across another Bowser 100T Hopper RDG HTg 484502.... Hmmm gonna get stripped for an HTe conversion (unless someone has something to swap - I prefer not to strip Reading units, enjoy stripping PRR or CR - LOL)(still has horn hook couplers - it was buried) any way I am looking at it and it has a reweigh date - "C&I 9-87" Bowser what the Ell you thinking, takes it right out of a Reading era paint scheme... THINK. I know it would be easy enough to change, but really one should not have to change that, let the CR people fix the update to their era.
(Gonna need more HTe decals...... :( )
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Rob.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 2 months ago #3068

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
Finally removed TM 201 from the confines of its box.I believe these were released by Atlas in 2007.Anyway,been working on adding the drip strips,fire cracker,painting the lower stanchions green and weathering.

What did YOU do this week? 9 years 11 months ago #3310

• Casey
  • Conductor
I made a youtube channel last week and got around to messing with my video camera. After I thought it had turned into a plastic brick I payed too much for it decided to work and got some videos made. While learning iMovie on the fly I also learned I really need to light what is filmed for this camera, I tried to help it in the editing program but its still dark. Overall I did what I wanted, made a couple videos and posted them.

Part of the reason I made the channel is youtube integrates better on forums like this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdamelio

What did YOU do this week? 9 years 9 months ago #3471

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
Well...it took me six weeks but I finally finished my third of five geep 30's.Also picked up a three pack of the off-set hoppers by Accurail.

What did YOU do this week? 9 years 8 months ago #3668

• Rob
What I did last week and what I plan for this week... In this view I have laid out the "modules of interest" As can be seen in this photo looking east above Temple, one can see Temple Station, Empire Steel Castings (the blue building on the left) and the Elizabeth Ave. bridge (the concrete spot midst all the pink) Dead ahead is Kutztown Road, the Twin Churches and on into town toward Heister Lane. This section will actually be swung around to the left and be parallel to the Laureldale module with a new curved section holding Windsor Service, Bachman Pretzels and General Battery. Before I move on though, the floor must be given a coat of paint. Let's see if that gets done in the next seven days. Next I have to build "real" bench-work to support the mess and then I can begin to rehab 10 years of being stored in a garage. Not pretty, but it is a start.
2014-11-033a.jpg
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Rob.

What did YOU do this week? 9 years 8 months ago #3670

• Robin
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 47
That' looks great, Rob! It really looks like the East Penn. I look forward to watching your progress.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 13, 1937
The Reading places the 5-car "Crusader" streamlined passenger trainset into Philadelphia-New York service. This train increases traffic on this line by 37% in 1938.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements