FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2976

• rdg1187prr
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 38
The paint job on the Accurail car is a good representation of the Rdg's XLj car. The similarities end there. The 20000 series XLj had 7 panels per side and the Accurail car has 8. Rdg's car is a Pullman Standard PS-1 design while the Accurail car is an ACF design.

The Robbins Rails or a Kadee 50' PS-1 boxcar would be a better starting point for modeling this car.

BTW Robbins Rails did this exact paint job on their car. But they had put on them a 6 digit road number for the reporting marks! (why because when RR Model Craftsman ran an article on these cars. They made a typo and added an extra zero in the article! The RDG's XLj's had a 5 digit road number. I brought this to Robbins Rails attention but I don't know if they fixed it on subsequent runs or not).
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkFJ

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2979

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
the Robin's Rail car that I have came with a 5 digit number, I renumbered the last digit to a photo I had of 20003.
Butch Curll

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2980

• rdg1187prr
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 38
Well they must have listened then. As the cars I saw in the early part of production had the 6 digit numbers. I'm glad they did the right thing!

John Caples

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2982

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
Wrapping up #12 of 12 The Hoppers for my RB-20. (Thanks to the assist from Mark) 8 more to go but the undecs have to be ordered in yet.
What's next..hmmmmmmmm I have a couple of those Robin's Rails XLj's waiting for decals... But I also have these two XMt boxcars waiting for kitbash. Hmm probably better to finish something than start it...
I also have an Accurail undecorated 5700 on order... Thanks John, I wonder what I'll do with that now! :angry: jk

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2983

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Thanks for the info on the Accurail 50’ car; I almost shelled out $14 for one on eBay. If I decide to build a XLj, I’ll try to track down one of the Robbins Rails kits.

Mark

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2984

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
DSCN3469.JPG

DSCN3476.JPG

DSCN3470.JPG
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements