FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2939

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Working on ideas for a 8 by 12 layout.

Finished painting and decal work on RDG flat 9300.I still need to weather.

Removed the decal on my Walthers 5504 and painted the side sill green.I used SCII RDG on the sill and its a good match.This unit will be renumbered to 3605.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2946

• MarkFJ
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 39
Still accumulating parts for various projects.

I attended the RCT&HS train meet at Leesport this morning and bought about $50 worth of Cannon & Co detail parts from Shortline Model Products out of New Jersey. This is the first time I’ve seen this vendor at the Leesport show and Tom, the owner, was a knowledgeable and nice guy. His prices where about 2 to 3 dollars cheaper for Cannon parts than what I’ve found on the web, so I grabbed what my budget would allow. There were many other detail parts for sale, but it was hard to see all he had since so many were gathered around the table. I hope that he’ll be back for the October 5th show.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2950

• rdg-barry
  • Thank you received: 44
Mark, he was a vendor at the RRRMM-I last year. Hopefully he will return for the MEET-II.
Thanks,
Barry

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2951

• lvrr325
  • Apprentice
  • Thank you received: 1
I found an Atlas Classic C424 for $55, new, so I bought it.

Looks like they used the wrong green on them, the later apple green of the GP39s and GP40s instead of the right, lighter shade.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2960

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 57
How about what I am apparently not going to finish this week. I went to decal my last available HTe of 12 and was rather dismayed when I looked at the decal pack and found it to be an HTwa......bummer.

I am finished with my HTwa, don't really need more since it is so out of my neighborhood it will just visit the yard anyway. So Anyone have a Herald King H-502 they would like to swap for a HK H-500 HTwa set or maybe an H507 HTf set (too new for me)?
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Rob.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 3 months ago #2961

• 2771-chris
  • Thank you received: 94
Rob,
I have a H-502 you can have.PM me your address an I'll mail it to you.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

April 12, 1962
The Reading purchases the first production GP30 (#5513) from EMD as part of initial order of 20 locomotives.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements