FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 9 months ago #2030

• Casey
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 57
Im a graphic designer that builds signs too, no real cad experience unfortunately, I remember using it once in middle school.

The boiler extension is .040 rolled around probably my finger to shape it. The boiler is cut right after the first boiler band, I tried to keep the band intact, today I would probably just replace it. The spacing was figured out by lining up the firebox just a little past the last break shoe and holding the smokebox piece where it would sit flush on the front of the motor mount/weight then measure the space. I think it was something like an inch. I have the original build pictures, somewhere, I'll try to load them on flickr to post them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 9 months ago #2034

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Casey...fantastic.

Finished with all the decaling today on my 7603.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #2074

• rdgraildog
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Chris was up home to Gordon last Monday. What was the branch that ran by the Duncott Hose Co.? Went up to Locust Summit to get two 5 gallon buckets of No.5 to male culm piles and this will interesting. Todd Shoffler

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #2075

• rdgraildog
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 2
Correction make culm piles not male. :oops: Todd Shoffler

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #2078

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Finished my 7603 today...still need to added some final weathering before posting some pics.

Todd...that branch was actually the PA.RR.It ran from Pottsville to Primrose.I believe the breaker it served in Primrose was the LYTLE COAL Co.I do remember seeing trains run on that branch.The interesting thing about the line was that when it reached Pottsville it paralleled Peacock St. on a trestle that was maybe a mile long.
I think the trackage was removed late sixties early seventies.

On the old forum someone gave me a link for Pa.aerial photos and I don't recall what it was...if someone can provide that link again I'd be thankful.

Anyway,there was some great photos of that entire area and railroads seemed to have lines running everywhere.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #2079

• MrBill
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 31
Chris, may be penn pilot?

www.pennpilot.psu.edu/

I've seen some pics of that viaduct you refer to, and even the remaining stonework down there is really impressive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2771-chris
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

December 1, 1953
The last Hall "banjo-style" signals are removed from service, and are replaced with color-light signals.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements