FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2237

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
I agree...its a mood thing.Sometimes you just have to walk away from the project and let it sit for awhile.
Being able to post pics and share completed projects on this forum really helps me to finish modeling projects.

BTW finished my wide visions.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2245

• Turboboost910
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 17
nice cabooses!

Well, since I'm on hold with my auxiliary tender until I get a brass roofwalk in the mail from the continental US, I did some more work on some cars. It takes a lot to get me motivated for some reason, but here's what i did the past couple days:

Decaled my first XMs boxcar. I left all my youngstown doors at home, so I have to wait t get them back on. I can still finish the car as is with weathering and such.

Also started weathering an HTo hopper. This hopper is going to be very heavily weathered, and i got the idea of how I wanted to do one from pg. 36 of Trackside Reading Anthracite Country. More to come on this hopper and I work on it.
Attachments:

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2256

• 2771-chris
Finished building the cab extension on my 2nd SD45 this morning.
My plan is to get the painting done in the next couple of days.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2266

• 2771-chris
Finished painting sd45 number two...moving on to the decals.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2272

• t1nut
  • Thank you received: 55
Here is some Reading snow fighting equipment, just in time for winter.
image_2013-12-04.jpg
Butch Curll
The following user(s) said Thank You: VCtrainmaster, Rob

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2290

• VCtrainmaster
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 12
Got to get in the mood. After I got my caboose I agreed to build an addition to the house. Some people will do anything for their obsession. In planning a train room. I built a tall roof on the attic 9.5ft and insisted on a 3/4" plywood floor. I started to insulate the roof and put up drywall. till the wife noticed, and then the rest of the addition had to be finished 1st. Now its done. so back to the attic. in the past few years it took me to finish the addition I stuffed all my boxes of trains up there, including a 2.5 x 8ft switching layout I built years ago. It is such a pile that it makes the hoarders look like beginers. I get so overwhelmed I don't know where to start. I should organize but I want to model. My tools are in any number of boxes, need a work area, the leftover drywall is in the way, can't put it up cause the trains are in the way. AHHH I usually sit up there for a while then give up. I should post a pic. Well today I am gonna give it some kind of a start again. wish me luck.
Daniel J Mohr
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

July, 1947
The new Lebanon Valley Branch bridge over the Schuylkill River at Reading, PA is completed, featuring the large "READING LINES" letting.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements