FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 8 months ago #2189

• sphogger
  • Brakeman
  • Thank you received: 3
Found an article in a March 1989 issue of MODEL RAILROADER about a steel instrument shed, i.e. the small steel building also known as relay house used by the signal department to house electronics related to control points, interlockings, etc. Easy to crank out a few of these boxy buildings in styrene, but that beveled four section roof has proven tricky for me to make. Ran out of Squadron Green Putty, so at the suggestionion of the clerk at the hobby store, Tamiya Putty (basic type) was given a try. The Tamiya Putty is impressive, it is a smooth silvery grey almost liquid compound that does not run and dried quickly. Another neat feature is this stuff is that it did not shrink as it dried, so additional applications were not requirred to produce an even surface. Not for sure how easy this stuff is to sand account I took a file to clean up my roof lines to the instrument shed.
Fishnmack
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2207

• rdgraildog
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 2
I called off sick so I can get started on some off my projects. I am so sick of looking at X-Box 1s. Almost finished with SD-45 7602. 7602 was my favorite out of the five units. Todd Shoffler

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2213

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Finished one of two RDG wide vision cabeese.Hopefully,I'll post some pics by the weekend.

Todd,how about some pics when completed? I plan on starting my 2nd SD45 project once I'm finished with the wide visions.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2220

• rdgraildog
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 2
I got off of work early today. Stopped at a computer shop to buy a scanner and did not like the price and have to shop around. I soon want to get some of my collection on. I also bit off more than what I can chew with my projects. Todd Shoffler

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2222

• t1nut
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 55
Todd: when I model, I have to be in the mood to model. I start working on something go gun-ho for several days and loose the mood, and sometimes don't go back to it for as much as 3 to 4 months. I started scratch building a Reading snow plow, have it almost complete(about 10 hours of work) and it has been sitting for about 2 weeks now. it will get done.hopefully by the first of the year.
Butch Curll

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 7 months ago #2225

Amen, Brother Butch... I have, in the last year, finished some stuff I started years ago. Of course with available models so much better detailed, a lot less kitbashing is required, so you can focus on a few high-end projects! Sometimes it's good to clean out the old stuff on Ebay so you can start fresh on new projects to never finish!
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 6, 1945
#2100, the first T-1 4-8-4 steam locomotive, is outshopped at Reading.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements