FacebookTwitterDiggGoogle BookmarksRedditLinkedinRSS Feed
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The Caboose is a place for Reading Modeler members to hang out and discuss topics of general interest, not necessarily rail-related. Come on in, the coffee's hot and the conversation is stimulating!

TOPIC: What did YOU do this week?

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 10 months ago #1861

• 2771-chris
  • Road Foreman of Engines
  • Thank you received: 94
Applied the yellow to one of my sd45's yesterday.I used poly scale rdg yellow.Took a chance with it since I didn't have much luck with it in the past.This time I mixed it well and hooked the bottle up to the air brush,good results.I'll have to hit the local shops and stock up on any I find.

Off to the Eagles/Redskin game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 10 months ago #1864

• Casey
  • Conductor
  • Thank you received: 57
Hope you went as a Philly fan.

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 10 months ago #1866

• 2771-chris
Hey Casey...nice fleet. Go EAGLES!!

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 9 months ago #1905

• RRDavey
  • Engineer
  • Thank you received: 24
My garage spray booth is pretty much closed for the season; it gets cold up here in Rochester, NY soon after Labor Day! So here's the first installment of what I've finished this summer.

First is HTl #72196, a 17 year joint project of Mr. Bill and myself. This was Bill's first attempt at kitbashing an RDG quad from an Athearn blue box kit. Not happy with the spacing of the discharge bays, he decided to shelve this hopper and start again. That's where I picked up the project a decided to add some details and get the car rolling. While not an exact replica of an RDG quad, it'll look just fine in my 25+ car coal drag.

Next up is HTj #73155, a detailed Accurail kit.

These two HTv hoppers are Kadee cars. The #83047 was a non-RDG car bought at a train meet for about $15. I stripped the paint and relettered it. (I think/hope some of the early HTv's were in the Roman lettering.) #86178 was a gift from a very good friend.

Lastly is a group of non-RDG hoppers hoppers. I've heard that trains of empty B&O, WM and other roads' hoppers came eastbound off the crossline, then up the mainline to interchange with the EL and finally to the bituminous coal fields near Clearfield, PA. If that's the case these cars will work on my future layout. The four quad hoppers are detailed Athearn blue box kits; the C&O hopper (another gift from the same very good friend) is an Overland brass model to which a trainline and some brake rigging were added.

Have a good week.--Dave

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 9 months ago #1909

• rdgraildog
  • Fireman
  • Thank you received: 2
I just ordered 1067 and bought a NS SD60 and a bunch of Reading & Northern hoppers.Normally a train with R&N hoppers heading west from Enola usally on on tuesday going to Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel in Stuebenville Ohio. Fact, Dean Martins hometown. Todd Shoffler

What did YOU do this week? 10 years 9 months ago #1933

• 2771-chris
Dave... great looking hoppers.The weathering really sets them off.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Today's Image

Did You Know?

September 23, 1955
The Blandon Low Grade line enters service.

Downloads

Operations Information

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations related documents, etc. that may be of use in your modeling efforts.

Operations Paperwork

Click Here!A variety of Reading Company operations paperwork, such as train orders, clearance forms, etc. that will help you operate your Reading layout in a prototypical manner.

Timetables, Rulebooks, Etc.

Click Here!Public Timetables, Employe Timetables, and Rulebooks that provide much useful operational information.

Modeling Goodies

Click Here!Signs, billboards, and other FREE goodies for your use.  We ask only that you help spread the word about The Reading Modeler!

Rolling Stock Reference

Click Here!Downloadable reference documents on the various classes of Reading Company Freight and Passenger rolling stock.

Thanks for Your Support!

If you find the content on The Reading Modeler valuable, won't you please consider supporting our efforts? Your donation will help to offset operating costs and acquire new material to share on the site. Thank you!

Amount: 

Advertisements